Wednesday, July 12, 2006

An Intro to the World of Nannies


Ever wondered what the perfect job is? Well, wonder no more. Welcome to the world of nannying. Granted, not everyone can fill the shoes of Mary Poppins and do it well, but if the shoe fits ladies and gents, wear it and wear it well. I started nannying shortly after I graduated from Pleasant Grove High School in Utah and have been doing it ever since. Not only did it provide a way to get out of Utah but being around kids 24/7 has kept me young, kept a steady flow of cash in my pockets, and provided me with a plethora of funny kid stories to share with the world. I am currently working on a book which will chronicle my experience as a nanny, provide some much-needed advice to would be nannies, and hopefully raise more appreciation and awareness into the world of families on behalf of nannies all over the world. I hope to do the same on this blog on a much smaller scale. I'll include anecdotes of my adventures, pose questions, post information for nannies/families and curious folk, and have some fun in the process. Anyone who has kids, wants kids, likes kids or even hates kids will get a laugh out of what I have to say so stick around. In my opinion, nannying is the perfect job. It can also be one of THE hardest jobs as well. However, in the words of THE nanny extrordinaire, "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and ...SNAP! the job's a game!" I have found the fun and hope y'all can benefit from what I've learned.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great post about being a nanny! You accentuate the positive and I bet you are a much loved caregiver.

Would you mind if I reprinted your blurb on my nanny web sites? I would give you credit and a link.

Best wishes,
Jackie
www.ilovemynanny.com

Unknown said...

Oops, please email me at
jackie@ilovemynanny.com.

Thanks for your consideration.
Jackie

Anonymous said...

It is refreshing to read your blog about being a nanny. The joy of you doing your job just radiates from your profle. Now you make me want to be a nanny. WoW! Excellent blog! Looking forward to reading your jokes.

Blessed
Triple-D

Anonymous said...

nyjewels....is the best!!!!she was with my family for 2 years!!!! great stories and lots of fun...my wife, kids and i love her....i know that some of our stories will make it onto the blog... i hope she changes my name... hahahahah!!!!
all the best, love george, teresa, riley and conor

Anonymous said...

Jules,
I finaaly got to read your blog as well as the article on Monday's News Times http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1006660
If I ever win the lottery, will you be my nanny?
You have opened me up to another world in computers and you make it look so easy!! Well done and thank you for your honesty...it will take you far! Best of luck with the book!
Maura
PS see you on the campus tomoorow!