Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ahhh, the things we do for love....


For anyone who hasn't taken care of a baby, the thought of spit up, poop, snot, and various other yucky fluids that come with a baby seem pretty disgusting. However, I'm here to say all those thoughts of disgust disappear when you fall in love with an infant. All of the sudden, you can wipe the snot from a sick baby's nose with your hands, go around with spit up stains on your shoulders, and getting pee'd on during a diaper change becomes natural. It becomes especially fun when a baby learns to eat finger food and drink from real cups and straws. Aidan was pretty into learning to drink from a real cup...no more sissy sippy cup for him! Only, he hadn't mastered swallowing the food in his mouth before he took a drink. He would always empty the contents of his mouth into his cup and by the end of the meal, his cup had turned into a veritable stew with bits of peas, meat, and other question mark ingredients. I remember I took Aidan to lunch with me and a couple friends to McDonald's. We were all chatting away while Aidan was munching happily on his nuggets. I took a drink of soda in the middle of a story I was telling and quickly realized it was NOT my soda! It was Aidan's latest soup in a cup. My friends were pretty grossed out but Aidan and I just giggled and moved on. Although, it still kind of makes my stomach queezy.

No comments: